COVID-19 RESPONSEMarch 25, 2020
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly, Henkels & McCoy Group and its subsidiaries are committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our staff while continuing to provide services to our customers. Serving our nation’s infrastructure is what we do – keeping America connected to reliable energy, communications, and utilities is essential to our daily life and especially important during this global health emergency.
As such, our HMG COVID-19 Task Team has put into practice heightened procedures designed to protect our business partners and our team members during this global health crisis. The COVID-19 Task Team supports the enterprise by diligently monitoring developments from federal, state, and local health agencies and the CDC, developing guidance for executive teams, and providing critical ongoing communication to our employees. Measures include:
- Encouraging employees to:
- remain abreast of CDC and local health department guidance,
- follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus,
- closely monitor their health and well-being, and
- avoid nonessential travel.
- Established a robust employee communications strategy to:
- provide information on preventative action,
- help keep employees safe and informed, and
- distribute important announcements.
- Enforcing mandates for sick employees:
- employees who are ill are not allowed to work,
- must seek medical attention, and
- employees with any respiratory illness must receive clearance from a doctor before returning to work.
- Expanded our already strict cleaning procedures. Work areas, vehicles, and equipment are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Cancelled nonessential business travel until further notice.
- Limited in-person meetings.
- Enacted a restricted visitor policy at all of our worksites and facilities.
- Enabled work-from-home capabilities for employees:
- if their job allows, while avoiding critical business disruption,
- to minimize any risk and to be with family members affected by mandatory shutdowns of schools and businesses,
- to stay home if someone in the household is sick.
These proactive and precautionary measures have been put into place to help prevent the spread of illness and maintain a healthy and safe environment while mitigating disruption of our services. As business partners, we understand the importance of our ability to support our clients amid this health emergency. Rest assured that we will continue to put the best interests of our customers, coworkers, and communities first as we navigate this situation.
Our team is closely monitoring this health crisis to ensure appropriate action is taken when and where necessary. We may make further decisions, and if we do, we will keep you informed in a timely and transparent manner. We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of all of our internal and exteral partners. Now, as always, safety is at the core of all we do.